Seven years after Patrick Swayze’s tragic death, we’re pretty sure it’s okay for us to publish these photos of him littering.
1. It would have been tasteless and exploitative in the immediate wake of Swayze’s death, but enough time has passed by now. Here’s a photo of the Dirty Dancing star carelessly strewing trash on the sidewalk.
2. We had these pics ready to go in 2008, but when Patrick Swayze revealed he’d been diagnosed with cancer, we bit the bullet and kept these to ourselves. At this point, though, it’s been nearly a decade, so we have to figure the coast is clear.
3. Litterbug or not, Swayze died far too soon at just 57. Now that everyone has had a chance to reckon with his death, this photographic evidence that he dumped an old couch in a lake can finally see the light of day.
4. If holding these back until now spared his friends and family some unnecessary pain at the time, then great. But no one would sit on photos like these forever.
5. Everyone who was going to grieve has grieved. It’s time to move on.