Moving to a new home can be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be a terrible experience.
1. Unscrew your furniture from the floor in advance: Don’t wait until the last second to unscrew your furniture! Several days before the move, rotate your couch and tables counterclockwise until they’re nice and loose enough to be picked right up.
2. Write “My Things” on all the boxes: Trust us, you’ll thank yourself later when you’re unpacking. You don’t want to open up one of your boxes later and wonder whose stuff is in there.
3. Apologize to any fragile items: They’re not going to survive the trip, so tell them you’re sorry before you leave.
4. Hire the gigantic men, but don’t try to keep them forever: Those muscle-swollen titans can carry all your belongings with ease, and it seems logical to want to keep them as your servants forever. But once the move is done, allow the giant men to leave freely. The strong abominations would wither and die of wanderlust if you asked them to stay.
5. Seal off the secret room: Once the bookshelf is moved out of the way, the door to your secret room will be in plain sight! Plaster and paint over the doorway so the next tenants never find it.
6. Don’t forget to find a new place to live: This is a classic rookie mistake! You don’t want to get on the road and then realize you don’t have a home anymore.
7. Pack children and pets onto the truck last: Remember that the truck can get pretty crowded, so packing your pets and young ones last will allow you to unload them first. They’ll really appreciate it!