We all love a good mystery, but these ones are just a little too eerie. Here are a few cryptic tales with no final answer.
1. The Last Message Of The Mary Franciosa: In 1837, an abandoned merchant ship called the Mary Franciosa was found drifting fully intact off the Gulf Coast of Florida, its captain and crew missing despite no evidence of turmoil or mutiny. The only thing unusual discovered in their absence was a hastily written message scrawled in red paint on the ship’s hull reading “SEGA GENESIS: COMING SOON.” To this day, no one has been able to deduce what the message meant.
2. The Siberia Incident: In 1891, a very bizarre thing happened to a small mining town in Siberia. The people who saw it were too freaked out to give any details, but they assured everyone that what happened was extremely weird and could not be explained. To this day, we still don’t have an answer for what caused it.
3. The Dave & Buster’s In Antarctica: Relatively few individuals have set foot on Antarctica, but many of those who have been there report going to a Dave & Buster’s in the center of the frozen continent and having a great time. According to these lucky few, the Antarctica Dave & Buster’s is “a lot like other Dave & Buster’s locations, but bigger, and the prizes are definitely better.” Dave & Buster’s has repeatedly denied claims that it has an Antarctica location, but the hundreds of people who claim to have been there continue to insist that it’s real.
4. The Crew Of The SS Malloy: When the SS Malloy drifted into a hurricane off the coast of Florida, the crew managed to survive. But it was what happened after they arrived in port that became the stuff of legend. Once the ship docked, the crew members went their separate ways and never really saw each other again. On the ship they had all become pretty good friends, and it seemed like they would probably keep hanging out together on land. Maybe not every day, but at least every now and then when they could make time. Mysteriously, the whole crew pretty much fell out of touch with each other and just moved on with their lives.
5. Where Buses Go At Night: For decades, the world’s top scientists have struggled to ascertain exactly where the world’s buses go after they are done driving people around during the day. Buses, being incredibly long, are impossible to park, so many believe that during the night they simply drive around in circles in abandoned parking lots.
6. Cousins: For centuries, people have reported cousin sightings at holidays, weddings, and family reunions. But where do these mysterious beings come from, and how is their study abroad in Portugal going? The answers to these questions, and many others, remain unknown to this day.
7. The Third Eye Blind Song “Jumper”: Despite numerous attempts made over generations, no one can quite explain what this enigmatic late-’90s song is about.