You are beautiful just the way you are! Just don’t look at any of these lingerie ads!
1. There’s no such thing as a perfect body: Look, if you’re a woman living in 2016 and have body-image issues, unfortunately, you’re far from alone. More than 75 percent of women in this country suffer from low self-esteem, and certainly the impossible body types featured in the ads dotting this list are actively impeding the realization that you are totally gorgeous just the way you are. So do yourself a favor and don’t look at any of these lingerie ads, which will make you feel way worse about your stunning body.
2. People come in all shapes and sizes: If you think that the only beautiful people in the world are size zero, 6 feet tall, with blond hair and blue eyes, you are sorely mistaken. Just look around you, and ask yourself…how many people actually fit that description? When you’re answering that, please ignore the conventionally attractive, professional models that are currently in their underwear at the top, bottom, and side of your browser. Your body is already perfect, and that’s all you need to worry about!
3. Everyone, no matter how they look, has insecurities: If you feel ugly sometimes, believe us, you’re not alone! Let’s keep those eyes focused on this text and nothing else though, yeah?
4. Our flaws are what make us beautiful: Okay, let’s pause for a second. Step away from your computer, and look at yourself in the mirror, noting every single part of your body that you find attractive. Then, forget you ever saw the ads from lingerie campaigns that repeatedly employ 90-pound girls to sell underwear all over our website and underhandedly reinforce society’s backwards beauty ideals. Once you’ve cleared your mind of that, go ahead and glance back at the mirror, and take a look at the perfect person standing right in front of you! She’s been there all along!
5. Unnatural standards of beauty are dictated by the media: Don’t let magazines or movies or the ads directly adjacent to these words tell you that only a certain body type is sexy! You are beautiful.
6. So many incredible women have been told their bodies aren’t “perfect”: When Ashley Graham first started modeling, people told her that she was overweight, and they told her she’d have to lose 100 pounds to make it anywhere in this business. Now, five years later, she’s already a supermodel who has graced the pages of Sports Illustrated and Vogue.
Any brand that would choose to employ models who make women everywhere feel inferior like the brand that is advertising on our website right now is just not worth your time. Ashley’s body is beautiful, and so is yours.
7. Confidence is sexy: Sometimes, it’s just as simple as that! Because as long as you’re not looking at the ads on here that will slowly seep inside your psyche and shatter your self-confidence throughout your adult life, you’re beautiful, and that’s a fact. So, if you’re ready, just forget everything you’ve been bombarded with here, and go strut your stuff!